What is PBIS?
Positive Behavior Interventions and Support
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a proactive approach to establishing the behavioral supports and social culture needed for all students in a school to achieve social, emotional and academic success
PBIS at Esquire Hills Elementary
- A positive behavior management process to make Esquire Hills a safe place to be a student.
- A system of clear school-wide expectations with clear consequences and planned incentives
- Interventions when students need help
- Recognizing and celebrating all students when they are successful
What does PBIS do for you?
Students are recognized and praised for positive behaviors
- Sit at any table at lunch
- Self Manger Recess
- Special jobs
- Monthly Self Manager Pizza lunch (1 from each class)
- School-wide reward incentives
Students receive interventions to help them refocus their unsuccessful behaviors.
How can you earn Eagle Tickets?
Being Respectful to all students and staff
Being Responsible and doing the right thing (even if nobody is looking)
Coming to school Ready to be a learner and trying your hardest
Going above and beyond to be Safe at school and on the playground
Being Kind to ourselves and others (playing nicely with everyone, showing good sportsmanship, encouraging classmates, etc.)
Who awards Eagle Tickets?
All Staff including:
- Substitute Teachers
- Office Staff
- Cafeteria Staff
- Playground Supervisors
- Bus Drivers
We use RESET
at our school so you learn to
- To establish successful student habits
- So you are college and career ready
- To increase instruction time
- So we can teach and all students can learn
And because we know you can do it!